Hinds Community College prides itself on a tradition of excellence, both in the classroom and on the field of competition. Our student-athletes are excellent students as well as athletes. Hinds Community College has produced an abundance of championships, as well as All-State and All-American players. Hinds Community College’s athletic programs are recognized as some of the top among Mississippi’s community colleges and throughout the nation.
Because Hinds Community College athletics receives limited funding from the state, the Hinds Community College Alumni Association has established the Athletics Alumni Chapter, which will be an integral factor in providing for the future of Hinds Community College athletics. Through the donations of loyal supporters, the Athletics Alumni Chapter is able to provide financial support for student-athletes participating in varsity sports (football, men and women’s basketball, men and women’s tennis, golf, baseball, fast-pitch softball, men and women’s track).
The purpose of the Athletic Alumni Chapter, established in 2002, is to foster support of men and women’s athletics. Specifically the purposes will include:
- To unite former athletes from Hinds Community College into an organization for the mutual benefit of the College and those attending,
- To provide opportunities for athletic alumni to return to the campus to enjoy special events,
- To encourage attendance by alumni and others at athletic events,
- To further promote the athletic status of the College by encouraging the enrollment of outstanding athletes and students,
- To offer a means of recognizing outstanding athletic alumni, and
- To provide a vehicle to assist the college in construction, renovation and repairs to athletic facilities.
- Annual giving program
- Athletic Alumni Chapter Scholarship program
- Athletics Special Projects programs
- Planned giving opportunities
Hinds Community College
PO Box 1100
Raymond, MS 39154-1100